Optimus Primer® – testing a diesel fuel system has never be so easy!
- will assist diagnosis of fuel supply faults through bypassing the fuel system plumbing
- when the vehicle does not have its own primer, this will assist bleeding the system after a fuel filter has been replaced
- quick release fittings can be used to replace cooling, DPF emissions hoses & petrol piping for all makes and models of passenger, light, heavy, earthmoving vehicles and can also be adapted when fitting additional fuel filters on your diesel
The kit includes an assortment of blanking caps for piping and other vital diesel components on both the low & high pressure supply which is essential when working with close tolerance systems.
The Optimus Primer comes in a convenient carry case containing:
- 30 individual quick release fittings
- 4 of male end plugs – 6.3, 7.89, 9.49, & 9.89mm OD
- 1 of 10 mm to 8 mm reducing barb
- 1 of 8 mm to 6 mm reducing barb
- 4 hose clamps
- 70 blanking caps – 10 of each size 3, 6, 8, 8 tapered, 9, 11, 14mm
- 2 clear hoses 200mm x 10mm
- 2 clear hoses 200mm x 8mm
- 2 clear hose 200mm x 6mm
- 1 bulb hand primer
* Price includes freight within Australia
We can also supply replacement and/or individual quick release fittings, end plugs, blanking caps and hand primers, view Parts Store.
We have created information videos to demonstrate how the Optimus Primer is an essential part of a Technician’s kit.
1. How to replace quick release fittings.
2. How to replace a diesel fuel filter when a hand primer is not present.
The Optimus Primer also enables the technician to connect the fuel piping of the Eliminator to the fuel system without damaging components. The Eliminator is a separate fuel supply that connects to the fuel system enabling elimination of individual components in the low pressure section of the vehicles fuel system.
* Diesel Help Members can also refer to the following Field Report Bulletin: Replacing a diesel fuel filter successfully
Diagnostic equipment designed & developed by Diesel Help Australia. As demonstrated in our common rail diesel diagnostics training courses – time and money will be saved with accurate diagnosis and the right tooling.